After working several years in travel agencies, I had the chance to travel abroad, see many countries, meet new cultures but unfortunately, the time left to spend and enjoy local mountains was very little.
After I started running and hear about the trail races in Romania, I knew this would be the perfect way for me to discover the main landscapes in our country while enjoying running with people that have the same passion as I do and discover new limits every time.
Just a short trip from the city of Cluj- Napoca you will find spectacular views, small traditional villages and peaceful green areas, all of them in Apuseni Mountains. Just 80 km away from Cluj- Napoca you can find Mountain Baisorii resort, a ski resort in winter and a great place for hiking during summer.
For 5 years now, at the end of May, you can be part of a great trail running event that gets together more and more runners every year.
Last year I wanted to run the half marathon but just before the race I wasn't able to make it, so since then I knew that for this year I will do the marathon. Said and done :) When the subscriptions opened, I registered for the 43.7 k. How did I know that I will make it? Well, first I imagined I would train because I had some month left, but I had to travel and wasn't able to do so.
My longest distance by then was a 26k in Faget Forest near Cluj- Napoca, that I was supposed to run 43.7 k with +2500 altitude gained :). That was really scary but still I felt that I wanted to do it. Why? Because I run with joy, that is my main purpose. I enjoy the places I pass by, I just look around, be grateful for being there and just get the energy from an inner happiness of running in those places. Judging by the photos, It would be very hard not to enjoy, isn't it?
It is not an easy race, but with each challenge I discover new things about myself, I try to find the joy in every little step knowing that this will get me to the finish.
Why did I race and will race again in Apuseni?
- Breathtaking places;
- Great atmosphere, awesome volunteers, funny messages along the way;
- Meet new people and enjoy the race together;
- Very well marked, the feeling of being safe, great organized event;
- The happy feeling before, during and after the race;
- The uphill parts of the course that make me surpass my limits each time;
- This race is the proof for "Everything is possible as long as you believe it" :)
- The smile in the corner of the mouth that "I did it again".
Why I think you would like to race at Apuseni Marathon?
- Easy acces from Cluj- Napoca;
- Great and unique landscapes;
- Friendly people and cheerful volunteers;
- Great organized event, very well marked course;
- Great memories after every participation.
If you are in Cluj- Napoca in May it would be a great opportunity to meet Romanian culture while running. And if you are not sure for when to plan your visit, make it in May and register for the Apuseni Marathon and we are sure that you will thanks us later.
If you have any questions regarding this event, please feel free to ask us and we will gladly tell you all about it.
See you in May :),